cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

WRAPPING

ppal
17-Peridot

WRAPPING

I know there is a wrap feature like:

muser_0-1632372160415.png

But is there a feature to get the answer at the bottom of the equation - like:

muser_1-1632372292771.png

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:ppal)

5 REPLIES 5
ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:ppal)

ttokoro_0-1632375045065.png

I cannot seem to get this technique to work.  I've attached a MathCAD PTC 9 file with my attempt.

It looks to me that @ttokoro  was just cheating and his approach is no real solution to the problem.

I guess he was just copying two separate math regions (salmon pink) in a text region and combined them by a text equal sign (yellow).

You also see that he defined I and V as both being 1 (probably to avoid an error when using the assignment equal := instead of the fat boolean one) which sure would not yield the shown result for Z.
So in my opinion this is not a solution to the problem at all.It just looks like the feature demanded for but actually isn't!

Werner_E_0-1693431933468.png

Only benefit is that definition and copied(!) result ride along in one single text region but its no live calculation.

@ttokoro  If my assumptions are wrong, please attach your prime file here. This is generally a better way than just posting pictures, which also often show only part of the game.

The feature asked for simply is not available in Prime and I can't think of a suitable workaround.

BTW, its generally better not to use inline evaluation (evaluation a variable immediately after defining it in the same region)

Werner_E_1-1693430738235.png

but rather separate definition and evaluation in two distinct regions:

Werner_E_0-1693430695758.png

Additional remark: When you define variable b, you don't have to type 1i*5 but you may simply type 5i (without a space or multiplication in-between!)

Werner_E_1-1693432062258.png

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:DS_10024912)

It's only how to make the image you want. Enjoy attached sheet.

🙂

Normally Valery is good for that kind of fakes/jokes.

If one day Prime will allow to hide the left hand side of a symbolic evaluation and show an equal sign instead of the arrow as real  Mathcad allows us to do, it would not be necessary to overlay the unwanted variable name by a colored text box.
Mathcad 15:

Werner_E_1-1693443636876.png

But while it looks like it would be, I still won't consider it a suitable solution for the problem.
The solution can only come from PTC by improving Prime - don't say a word, just let me dream along ...

Top Tags