cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

WRITEEXCEL - MathCAD 15 - won't write file

mlabree
1-Newbie

WRITEEXCEL - MathCAD 15 - won't write file

Hello all,

I'm working with the WRITEEXCEL function for the first time and seem unable to make even the most basic example work.  In the attached file, no file gets written and I am unclear why this would be.

Best regards...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:mlabree)

mlabree wrote:

Hello all,

I'm working with the WRITEEXCEL function for the first time and seem unable to make even the most basic example work.  In the attached file, no file gets written and I am unclear why this would be.

Although you've written the WRITEEXCEL command correctly, Mathcad won't do anything with it until you evaluate it.  Either write Result:=WRITEEXCEL(...) or WRITEEXCEL(...)=; the former is usually preferable to displaying a large array.

Stuart

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

mlabree wrote:

Hello all,

Although you've written the WRITEEXCEL command correctly, Mathcad won't do anything with it until you evaluate it.  Either write Result:=WRITEEXCEL(...) or WRITEEXCEL(...)=; the former is usually preferable to displaying a large array.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart!  A newbie mistake...appreciate the help.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

No problem.

Stuart

That was helpful. However, I get an error that my vector must be unitless. Must the vector be unitless to use the WRITEEXCEL function? What is the best way to strip the units from a variable? Multiply the reciprocal of the units?

Andy Stevenson wrote:

That was helpful. However, I get an error that my vector must be unitless. Must the vector be unitless to use the WRITEEXCEL function? What is the best way to strip the units from a variable? Multiply the reciprocal of the units?

Yes. 

... Or divide by the units

Top Tags