cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Ward #30: Operator derivative

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

Ward #30: Operator derivative

dy.png

7 REPLIES 7
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ValeryOchkov)

Why the change though Valery?

Mike Armstrong wrote:

Why the change though Valery?

See one more member of this Ward

http://communities.ptc.com/message/234084

The prime operator could/should/must be used in MC only on some special occasions. You couldn't just write y'(2)=

It seems that in Prime the prime (sic!) operator is equivalent to the differential quotient and this is an improvement.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Cheers for the explanation.

Improvement did you say?????

Mike Armstrong wrote:

Cheers for the explanation.

Improvement did you say?????

Sure

I won't hesitate to mention the positive aspects of Prime, too - amongst them are the much better handling in editing matrices (not the scrolling in matrix evaluation - thats worse than ugly) and the ability of solving ODEs with units.

Unfortunately those aspects are clearly outweighted by the disadvantages - yet (positive thinking - what else are we left with).

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

I won't hesitate to mention the positive aspects of Prime, too - amongst them are the much better handling in editing matrices

The 'Mixed Unit ' input tables are a big step forward IMO. However, no allowing variables to be passed to tables is yet again another limitation.

Fully agreed on. Dynamic unit checking is an advantage and the disadvantage of having to state the unit even if the value is zero in some cases sure is a price I won't mind paying. The table fature looks interesting but isn't quite finished IMO - yes, it should accept variables as input and it also would be nice to have some similar kind of format available for the simple display/evaluation of matrices.

Top Tags