cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

What Firewall rules do I set for the network license server?

jroper
3-Visitor

What Firewall rules do I set for the network license server?

I can drop the firewall to get MathCAD license, but that is not acceptable.  I've tried creating Inbound and Outbound rules that open 7788,27000-27010.  That doesn't seem to work. MathCAD 15.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm using Server 2012 R2 and Windows Firewall.  I think I have it figured out.  I set inbound and outbound rules lmgrd and ptc_d applications.  I also allowed port 7788.

Here is the related support doc Support sent.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS110511

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:jroper)

Hi Jason,

What Windows OS and Firewall/Antivirus are you using?

I'm using Server 2012 R2 and Windows Firewall.  I think I have it figured out.  I set inbound and outbound rules lmgrd and ptc_d applications.  I also allowed port 7788.

Here is the related support doc Support sent.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS110511

jwallis
1-Newbie
(To:jroper)

Brilliant, didn't even need to tell it the specific port, just added lmgrd and ptc_d as allowed apps (the default behaviopur is to allow them to connect on any port - you could go into advanced and lock them down to 7788 but it wasn't necessary).

I can't beleive I have spent 1.5 days trying to move our MC14 license server to 2012 R2 (from a badly dying 2003 box), for a while the MC14 licensing didn't seem to want to work (and I was suspicious it was putting 32 bit licensing on 64 bit machine) so I ended up using Prime 1.0 installer to install licensing, after which there were no errors server side but still the clients wouldn't get the license until I disabled the firewall (and then added the apps and re-enabled the firewall).

The symptom that lead me to the firewall was that when mathcad on a client failed to start, the licensing screen showed the IP address of the server as its hostname, even though it was configured to use the hostname.

Top Tags