cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

What a Noob!

arbiter007
2-Guest

What a Noob!

In yet another in the litany of foobars of Mathcad Prime, is the continued inability to execute WindowsKey+<left/right arrow>, which is supposed to force the window to 1/2 of the display width on the left/right side of the display, which allows you to display two windows side-by-side. Neither Prime 2 nor Prime 3 works correctly in this regard.

EVEN MATHCAD11 DOES THIS CORRECTLY ON WIN7!!! An 11-yr old program that was intended to run on an M$ operating system 4 generations old!

Arrgghh!!!

TTFN

3 REPLIES 3
lturek
4-Participant
(To:arbiter007)

The whole project Prime gives the impression as if written by a handful of young people according to the motto "Look, I can do it differently a nonstandard way and it takes just twice the time!". They have no clue what the program is used for by the users. They obviously do not know that we have to work with the program and we do not want to play with it.

PTC would be good adviced to fire the project manager along with the kids.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:lturek)

Hard feelings, hard words. But I can understand it. I also had already thought sometimes, if there is not the wrong people doing the job. But then maybe the right people doing the wrong job. Not enough information to decide, all i see is that something is going awfully wrong.

P.S.: I just tried the scrolling in a larger matrix in Prime3 and couldn't believe it still has to be done that incredible unnatural and unstandard and uncomfortable way. But hey! - its different and it looks sooo coooool and that counts!

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:arbiter007)

it is FUBAR not FOOBAR. But I think you made your point. There are so many features that should be included in Prime3 that are missing. Who ever is writting the program has no idea how it is being used, young or old. I still cannot use the program after waiting 4+ years and spending 800 dollars on maintenance.

Top Tags