cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

What does 0 mean ?

lvl107
20-Turquoise

What does 0 mean ?

Hello, Everyone.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lvl107
20-Turquoise
(To:Werner_E)

I greatly appreciate your time and help, Werner. Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Regards.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:lvl107)

There is an additional line below "solve,Z" which contains a single dot (.)

This dot is seen in your screenshot but its invisible if the cursor is not in that region as a dot means subscript.

This dot is interpreted as a second variable you would like to solve for and you are given one possible result for that variable - zero.

I don't know how you managed to get that dot there because when I try to duplicate what you did, the expression throws an "emission failure" error. I can simulate what you did with a space followed by a dot, but not with a dot alone as you have it in your sheet.

The effect is similar like you ask Mathcad to solve for Z AND for a second variable "dummy". Obviously dummy can take any value and this is shown if you add "fully".

So the simple answer to your question is "The 0 is the solution for the second variable in the last line".

B.png

lvl107
20-Turquoise
(To:Werner_E)

I greatly appreciate your time and help, Werner. Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

Regards.

Top Tags