cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

What does it mean to set my status?

rpreston
1-Newbie

What does it mean to set my status?

I received an email from PTC saying that I have not set my status.

I don't even know what that means and why do I care what is my status anyway?

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

This is how you set your status, http://communities.ptc.com/message/161545#161545

And this is why you may want to, http://communities.ptc.com/blogs/BostonDan/2010/10/25/whats-your-status

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help out.

-Dan

I still don't understand why I personally should care. I'm not into social networking at all. I don't get the whole socal networking thing anyway.

Based on your previous contributions, you are a user of Mathcad and therefore a member of the Mathcad community. Social networking are the connections you make and maintain within this community. Whether its finding a resident Mathcad expert to answer your questions, collaborating with peers on worksheets or merely sharing an elegent solution you're proud of.

Setting your status gives your network a direct link into what you're up to in that moment in time.

Are looking for ways to best leverage the community for your Mathcad needs?

1. I have issues with PTC and MathCad's help. Either I am a poor communicator (which is possible) or the answers I have received have been no help at all.

2. I don't like Ribbon tool bars on any product including Microsoft's.

3. I'm just a hobbyist...I don't do this (yet) for a living, therefore it is not important enough for me to really care about.

4. I don't use MathCad enough to remember even the basic ways of doing things like arrays and they are not intuitive enough to easily relearn.

Renwick Preston wrote:

1. I have issues with PTC and MathCad's help. Either I am a poor communicator (which is possible) or the answers I have received have been no help at all.

2. I don't like Ribbon tool bars on any product including Microsoft's.

3. I'm just a hobbyist...I don't do this (yet) for a living, therefore it is not important enough for me to really care about.

4. I don't use MathCad enough to remember even the basic ways of doing things like arrays and they are not intuitive enough to easily relearn.

Like with most things in life, to become proficient, one must practice. If you're feeling a bit rusty, look for example worksheets (Search can be your best friend) and try to improve upon them. Here's a couple on arrays:

1. Create an array from a larger array
  2. Array of elements

-Dan

Top Tags