cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Mathcad Express?

Re: What is Mathcad Express?

See please about Mathcad Espresso - http://communities.ptc.com/message/190651

Mathcad Express direct download link: http://free-dl.ptc.com/install/pim_installmgr_mathcad.exe

The program has limited functionality, but is not limited to the period of use.

Pic_1.png

Michael E. Clark schrieb:

You are correct -- the full functionality is available only for the first 30 days. After that, the product will revert to Express. There is no need to install the product again. Our goal was to balance in-product messaging so that we are providing infomation and valuable offers, but are not disrupting the user's experience. As always, we welcome your continued feedback!

So I am _not_ correct, as I thought in first place that the full functionality would be available even _after_ the 30 days evaluation - just nagscreens and ads. But reading your inital post again I got it - ".. allows any user to utilize some selected features ...". Thats not all features - my fault. So not really an option for education facilities.

The questions is: What happens if a user opens with Express a Mathcad document which utilizes features not allowed by Express? Will it still solve the solve block or give the symbolic result for example? It is clear, that the user will not be allowed to make his own symbolic regions, etc., but what about the already existing ones? Express would be only usable as a Mathcad Reader if it would display dynamically any mathcad file. Similar to what Mathtype degrades to after the trial period.

WR

OK, Clark!

And what about Mathcad Espresso - http://communities.ptc.com/message/190651

Ha ha! Wouldn't that be interesting -- a la carte pricing just like your neighborhood cafe! Maybe that's possible, some day, in the distant future. But for today, it's one price for full functionality. We think it's worth it!

Michael E. Clark wrote:

Ha ha! Wouldn't that be interesting -- a la carte pricing just like your neighborhood cafe! Maybe that's possible, some day, in the distant future. But for today, it's one price for full functionality. We think it's worth it!

OK!

I go into a cafe and sit down at a table and I can drink a glass of water for free (Mathcad Express). Next, I want to order a coffee, a hamburger and some one more (Mathcad Espresso). But the waiter tells me that I have to order ALL that they have on the menu (Mathcad Prime).

http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-190651-39046/450-285/MC-Espesso.png

In this case, yes, you are correct. Full functionality only exists for the first 30 days. However, we do offer a Student Edition of Mathcad that addresses the needs of our academic users. You can find out more on our PTC Academic Program page.

To answer your question, a user will be able to open, view, and print a Mathcad Prime 2.0 worksheet using Express, regardless of the content. However, any premium features (such as solve blocks) cannot be recalculated using Mathcad Express. The user would have to upgrade and purchase the full version.

Valery Ochkov wrote:

Michael E. Clark wrote:

OK!

I go into a cafe and sit down at a table and I can drink a glass of water for free (Mathcad Express). Next, I want to order a coffee, a hamburger and some one more (Mathcad Espresso). But the waiter tells me that I have to order ALL that they have on the menu (Mathcad Prime).

MC-Espesso.png

I understand that PTC things in first line about commercial successes of projects.

But I thing also that PTC will get more money from the project:

Mathcad Espresso + Mathcad Prime

than from the project

Mathcad Express + Mathcad Prime

Do you understand me!

Highlighted

Is it possible to integrate creo parametric with mathcad express ?