What dou you mean?

Re: What is Mathcad Express?

Comparison Chart Mathcad Express vs. Mathcad Prime 2.0:

Pic_1.PNG

Pic_2.PNG

Pic_3.PNG

Pic_4.PNG

I posted an "official" blog post on PTC Mathcad Express today.

I'm also looking for PTC Mathcad Express reference quotes for an upcoming press release. Do you use the free software and like it? Do you see value in PTC's offering? How? Send me a message! There may be a Mathcad polo in it for appreciated contributors!

Happy holidays!

Lindsey

PTC Mathcad Program Marketing

Lindsey M. Christensen wrote:

Do you see value in PTC's offering? How? Send me a message!

PTC Mathcad Program Marketing

See examples please:

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/rbtpp/RegionAll/eng-index.html

Feels like it's a bloated reader ... because it is a full install which is good for 30 days. There are other "free" products that give you more functionality, less bloat, and even portability. Granted, most of the "free" alternatives are not as mature as MathCAD, but it gets the job done. As an example, one of the "free" programs allows for graphing where MathCAD express does not.

Oh, I think that might be a typo. I just went into Express mode, and I can insert X-Y plots, just not polar, contour, and 3-D.

Untitled.png

I am interested in two things concerning MC Express:

1) Is it possible to switch a licensed Prim 2.0 M010 into Express mode temporarily to experience what will work in this version and how bothersome it is?

2) Is MC Express capable to handle and show worksheets created with a licensed Prime2 which utlilizes non-Express features? In other words: is express a viable Mathcad Reader?

WE

1. I am running off of a license server, so switching into Express mode is easy. I go into Mathcad Options, License tab, and put in a bogus server or port number. If you're running off of a license file, I suppose you could move that file to a different location? Not sure...

2. Yes! So because Prime saves results in the worksheet, Express can open up worksheets created with the full version and see all the results. If you had 3D plots in there, you could even zoom in, pan, rotate, etc. Once you re-calculate, then those regions will return an error. So Express is indeed a "viable reader."

Roger.