Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Mathcad Express?

Re: What is Mathcad Express?

Thanks for the information.

Yes, two floating network licenses. So if we were to have installations on 10 pc's, the first two instances that were opened would grab the full license, and the rest would open as express? If so, then this would be a workable solution. I think it would be a hassle for people to keep changing the port number on their setup. Actually, we might not even have sufficient priveledges to do so.

So if we were to have installations on 10 pc's, the first two instances that were opened would grab the full license, and the rest would open as express?

I am not sure about that as I lack the experience (as far we never ran out of licenses).

What I know for sure is, that if you point Prime to a bogus licenses server, it will automatically go into Express mode. I don't know what happens if a valid license server is out of licenses but I could imagine that Prime would do the same. maybe someone else can confirm.

Can Mathcad express be used for comercial and professional purposes?

Yes!

Is there anyway to switch to Mathcad Express from the first day or you have wait for one month till the limited functionality starts?

I just wanna make sure that what I create now can be used a month later too.

Sure, you could always put in a bogus license server name/port number. I just applied a random GIF file on the 'File' option and that forced my copy to Express. Of course, we do encourage users to poke around and see what is available in the premium full-capability version of Mathcad Prime.

Kaveh Arjomandi wrote:

Is there anyway to switch to Mathcad Express from the first day o

Yes, this was already discussed in this very thread above a year ago (http://communities.ptc.com/message/193663#193663)

Simply point Prime to an existing, but not valid "license" file (can be any file) or at a non-existing flexlicense server (changing to an invalid port should suffice).

Thank you guys.

Kaveh Arjomandi wrote:

Can Mathcad express be used for comercial and professional purposes?

One example

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/TTHB/2/OIVT/IVTANThermo/Eng/index.htm

I think that was more of a question regarding legal concerns.