cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

What is the maximum number of pages in mathcad

vveeran
4-Participant

What is the maximum number of pages in mathcad

Hi all,

I want to know,

What is the maximum number of pages in mathcad ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:vveeran)

vetri veeran wrote:

I want to know, What is the maximum number of pages in mathcad ?

It's probably resource limited (eg, you run out of memory, you can't add more pages).

However, I thought "Good grief! What are they going to write? "War and Peace"?   Which was a mistake, because I then had to google the text of Tolstoy's epic novel and paste it into Prime ...

It took some time for Prime to go through the process of pasting, but it ended up with 1141 pages.    This is about 5 times the number of pages of the longest worksheet I've written and most are less than 50 pages.

Stuart

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

I've never (heard of anyone) run into a limitation on the number of pages.

Why your question?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

vetri veeran wrote:

I want to know, What is the maximum number of pages in mathcad ?

It's probably resource limited (eg, you run out of memory, you can't add more pages).

However, I thought "Good grief! What are they going to write? "War and Peace"?   Which was a mistake, because I then had to google the text of Tolstoy's epic novel and paste it into Prime ...

It took some time for Prime to go through the process of pasting, but it ended up with 1141 pages.    This is about 5 times the number of pages of the longest worksheet I've written and most are less than 50 pages.

Stuart

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

There's no upper limit, but Prime gets very slow for large (10s of pages) worksheets. That will be fixed in the next release.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:RichardJ)

Richard Jackson wrote:

There's no upper limit, but Prime gets very slow for large (10s of pages) worksheets. That will be fixed in the next release.

Oh, I don't know.  It just depend upon how you define "slow".  For example, I opened a 110 page Prime 3.1 document and it only took 1 hour to scroll a couple of lines.  Now, in geological terms that's pretty damn fast!   Then I tried adding a few lines ...

Stuart

And what are the computation stretched so pages already more than a hundred?

P.S. Maybe it was a decimal place of pi?

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:RichardJ)

That will be fixed in the next release.

What's your confidence level on this?

Also, has PTC clarified when we should expect to see 4.0?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:MJG)

Mark Gase wrote:

That will be fixed in the next release.

Fair to middling, based on what I've heard.   There should be a big improvement in switching between Page and Draft mode (I usually work in Draft mode, so that will be much appreciated).  General speeds of movement around a large worksheet and editing should also be noticeably improved.

Also, has PTC clarified when we should expect to see 4.0?

Based on the information in one of Vladimir's posts (Re: VERY IMPORTANT: Critical issues with Mathcad 15.0 M040 in handling matrices with 256 or more elements.), Q4 2016.   Which is probably project management speak for Q1 2017, with a bug fix in Q2/3.

Stuart

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Very high. I've seen some of the benchmarks.

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

Prime 4.0 release date as 4Q, 2016.  This is a delay of 6 months or more.  I would be surprised if they made that date.

David Tietje wrote:

Prime 4.0 release date as 4Q, 2016.  This is a delay of 6 months or more.  I would be surprised if they made that date.

One would expect a successor as Prime 1.0 being an advancement and improvement over its predecessor Mathcad 15 and not missing a single feature of the older version.

Given the facts about Prime, you can't say that Prime is delayed for a few months, its delayed for many decades (infinite, given that its not intended that it will ever fully live up to MC15).

WE

vveeran
4-Participant

Thank you all

Top Tags