cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

What latest version of excel is ok for mathcad 15_M045?

ifomenko
15-Moonstone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ifomenko
15-Moonstone
(To:ifomenko)

I run one worksheet on two machines with Excel 2010 and 2016 and find out that Excel 2010 takes 86 MBytes and Excel 2016 takes 400 MBytes for the same worksheet. OOps(((

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JeffH1
14-Alexandrite

I'm using Excel 2016 and it seems to work fine with Mathcad 15 M045.

Keep in mind, however, that this refers to the Excel components and data import into Mathcad.   The Mathcad Add-in for MS Excel quit working around Office 2013 (there are many Forum discussions on this issue).  Be careful what you read, because there is some confusion between basic integration between Excel and Mathcad versus the Excel Add-in that was created by Mathsoft and is no longer supported by PTC.

That said, I can copy Excel data into Mathcad matrices as well as using the Data Import tool to import data into a Mathcad worksheet with no problems using the latest releases of both Mathcad 15 (M045) and MS Excel (2016).

I also confirm that the versions of Mathcad 15 M045 and MS Excel 2016 (in OS Win 8.1 x64) work together normally.

ifomenko
15-Moonstone

I run one worksheet on two machines with Excel 2010 and 2016 and find out that Excel 2010 takes 86 MBytes and Excel 2016 takes 400 MBytes for the same worksheet. OOps(((

Hello Everybody.
I found the same issue when my laptop upgrade to Win10.

Open excel 2016 in Mathcad 15.0, the software will be blocked for a long long time, unless you stop the excel in "task manager" .

Who can support me?

Use prime it is better. Mathcad 15 is out of date and is not going to be supported forever

@tslewis wrote:
Use prime it is better. Mathcad 15 is out of date and is not going to be supported forever

Thanks!

Best laugh I've had in days!

It will be YEARS before I try Prime again, what a complete hot mess of a software disaster.  You can have MathCad 15 when you pry it out of my cold, dead hands.  Not before.  Troll.

Diehard M15 user, I've not had any problems with opening Excel from MC15_M045; it's probably less than 2 seconds.  Are you using HDD or SSD in your computer?

Top Tags