Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When MathCad Prime 6?

SOLVED
Pearl

When MathCad Prime 6?

Hello everybody,
does someone have news about MathCad Prime 6?
Some timesheet?
MCP5 has introduced too few improvements so I think PTC intends release new version soon. Or not?...

Thanks
Bye

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: When MathCad Prime 6?

The history (over the past 10 years) shows that PTC promises more than it actually delivers.

I should not expect that, because Prime 4 to 5 is such a small step, a Prime 6 is due out soon.

And about PTC's intentions: one can only guess.

If you are a licensed Prime user you should be able to access more information on plans, timelines etc.

Success!

Luc

83 REPLIES 83

The history (over the past 10 years) shows that PTC promises more than it actually delivers.

I should not expect that, because Prime 4 to 5 is such a small step, a Prime 6 is due out soon.

And about PTC's intentions: one can only guess.

If you are a licensed Prime user you should be able to access more information on plans, timelines etc.

Success!

Luc

PTC's plan is to do 1 release a year, in time with the release of their other major products such as Creo and Windchill.  So, sometime in the spring.  

All I know about 6.0 is that it's supposed to add pulldown menus.  A nice feature, but not one that should take years to implement.

How they plan to catch up by doing one release a year is beyond me.  I don't think they realize that software is supposed to be a fast evolving field.  

Есть такая русская поговорка - хорошего понемножку!

I didn't know that you can saw the product calendar... I see there isn't nothing scheduled for Mathcad...whereas for other products there is the calendarization.

E.g: for Creo it's planned the 6th release on the end of the winter.

Cynically, the question is pointless. It doesn't matter when MC prime 6 will be rolled out since I do not expect Prime to exceed Mathcad 15s capabilities any time soon. Judging from their past record certainly not before prime 10.

Raiko

Highlighted

дорогой г-н профессор,
а за что платим???

@skunks wrote:

дорогой г-н профессор,
а за что платим???

Подсчитано, что 50% и более наших платежей идет... псу под хвост - for nothing.

@gfraulini wrote:

… it's planned the 6th release on the end of the winter.

It is May in Moscow Man Very Happy

exactly!