Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When MathCad Prime 6?

SOLVED

Re: When MathCad Prime 6?

According to the PTC's product calendar, there are no exact dates for this release yet.

Pic_1.png

Hi Vladimir,

This only shows that Prime 6 is not even being planned. So far there is 5.0.0.0, then there will be 5.0.0.1, then 5.0.0.2, then 5.0.0.3 and it may take forever this way. I don't know how long are you planning to live, but chances are that you will never see 6.0.0.0. Mind you, SMath is still at 0.99.something-something 🙂

Konrad

Given the track record of PTC, chances are higher that they will bring out 6.0.0.0 as next release, being a small change with respect to 5.0.0.0, than that they will bring out 5.0.0.1.

Luc

This proves my point: it is not worth waiting for prime 6, since I do not expect it to be at par with Mathcad 15 any time soon. Even less so when PTC isn't even planning for it.

Raiko

Highlighted

Hi Luc,

Pro/Engineer Creo Parametric moved from 5.0.0.0 to 5.0.1.0 and then 5.0.2.0. The last number seems to be 0 for all PTC products. The second number can go pretty high, I see 2206 for something I don't even know what it is. Perhaps a build number. Then there is a sequential number, what used to be datecode, then the major version number. This is all to confuse the enemy.

Raiko, my suggestion: don't wait for a specific version number (they tend to change version numbering on a random basis). Try waiting for a specific functionality implemented in the software. Not that it makes any difference, though. Like positive zero vs negative zero.

I HOPE MATHCAD 15 WILL LIVE FOREVER... ( WIN11; WIN 12... ) WHO NEEDS PRIME ? 

@syaacoby wrote:

I HOPE MATHCAD 15 WILL LIVE FOREVER...

Tomorrow we will raise our glasses and offer this toast!

For Mathcad animation too!

Bokal.gif

Careful!!

You spill the good champagne!

Glass.gif

Right you are Konrad.

Perhaps, that's the reason why my initial response was rather cynical. So, let's wait and see when controls, proper graphing and the rest of Mathcad 15 functionality returns.

Raiko