Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When MathCad Prime 6?

SOLVED

Re: When MathCad Prime 6?

It's capitalism, the retardation process is inevitable. You can only manage it so it's more or less painful. Do you remember Derive?

For those interested in the source of the claim I made: here it is.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Why-do-PTC-continue-with-MathCad-Prime/m-p/573860/highlight...

Raiko

@Konrad_A wrote:

Do you remember Derive?

I still use it from time to time ;-)

So small, so fast, so powerful!

@Werner_E wrote:

@Konrad_A wrote:

Do you remember Derive?

I still use it from time to time ;-)

So small, so fast, so powerful!

Exactly! I used it on my Toshiba T1000, no HD, from a 720kB diskette! But do you remember the story, how it ended? It got acquired by a rich and reputable corpo. Everyone hoped that it would mean a great future for the development of the software. Just don't be naive again, when what you are seeing is exactly the same story, just happening now...

Highlighted

At least there still was kind of considerable advancement/development even after the Software was bought by TI. But similar to Mathcad the goal sure was not further develop and market a PC software but rather to use the software or a variety of it in their pocket calculators (TI-92, TI-Voyage, TI-Inspire). I am not sure how much of the PC software has found its way in the firmware of those calculators but development of the PC software as a stand alone product stopped with version 6.03 (I think).

BB.png

You know what's sad?  I hate Word with the fury of a thousand hells, and I'm about ready to agree with you!

ETA:  that was in response to Fred K. back a couple of pages when he said Micro$oft should buy Mathcad and integrate it into <cough gag choke> "Word", a program that purports to be a word processor.

Proud user of Mathcad since MS-DOS days.