Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When MathCad Prime 6?

SOLVED

Re: When MathCad Prime 6?

I mean SMath, which tends to format the document in a better shape than MC15. Alright, I don't do any hardcore maths, probably it's not as good in some areas, but for a clear presentation of design calculations (pressure vessels) I have no issues with it. Having said that, it sucks being stuck between commercial and open source.

@Konrad_A wrote:

I mean SMath, which tends to format the document in a better shape than MC15. Alright, I don't do any hardcore maths, probably it's not as good in some areas, but for a clear presentation of design calculations (pressure vessels) I have no issues with it. Having said that, it sucks being stuck between commercial and open source.

I don't think that SMath is OpenSource

I agree that Smath is very similar to Mathcad; it's a fantastic effort!  At the rate things are going it will surpass Prime soon--about the time PTC stops supporting version 15.

???

Sorry Fred, I was referring to the alternative to MC Prime. It turned out to be SMath. Since I do not pay the license fee it is not an alternative for MC15.

Raiko

Smash does not come remotely close to being able to produce presentation type documents. You cannot change the font, it does not have labeling features. This is a major limitation. You also cannot reference worksheets which to me is makes it pretty useless.

@Werner_E wrote:

@Konrad_A wrote:

I don't think that SMath is OpenSource

That's exactly the problem. It's not commercial (so the funding is poor), and it's not open source (so the community support is limited). It's still impressive how it's evolving, despite the license model.

@Raiko wrote:

Sorry Fred, I was referring to the alternative to MC Prime. It turned out to be SMath. Since I do not pay the license fee it is not an alternative for MC15.

Does it have to be paid to be comparable/alternative?