cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When iI try to create an array with defined symbols, I get an error message that the symbos shoule be real althouh they have been assigned real values

Highlighted

Re: When iI try to create an array with defined symbols, I get an error message that the symbos shoule be real althouh they have been assigned real values

When I try to create y(subscript)series as shown in to create initial series with n = 11, I get the message "this variable is undefined." What am I doing wrong?

Highlighted

Re: When iI try to create an array with defined symbols, I get an error message that the symbos shoule be real althouh they have been assigned real values

Thanks for your kind words. I am having trouble implementing WE's suggestion in creating the initial series. I am in touch with him(her?)

Highlighted

Narasipur Suryanarayana wrote:

When I try to create y(subscript)series as shown in to create initial series with n = 11, I get the message "this variable is undefined." What am I doing wrong?

Can't tell as i don't see what you are actually doing.

Highlighted

The attached file shows what I am trying to do and where I am stuck. I shall look forward to getting your clarification.

Highlighted

I am attaching another file where I have reproduced your suggestion up to creating an initial array when I run into a problem. Could you kindly let me know where I am going wrong?

Highlighted

The index in my S.old is not a vector/matrix index but a literal index. You get it by simply typing a period "." after "S" and then continue with "old" (all without the quotes).

Highlighted

Thank you for the clarification. I tried it it works up to a point. But it looks like I may still have a problem as I proceed. I will work on it to see if I can resolve it by myself. If I cannot I hope I can get back to you.

Highlighted

Hello Mr. Werner

I was able to navigate the remaining parts successfully. The responses by Mr. Diaz and yourself are greatly appreciated.

Highlighted

Hello Mr. Diaz:

I was able to navigate successfully through Mr. Werner's suggested program. The responses by Mr. Werner and yourself are greatly appreciated.

I still have a small problem. Increasing the value of n I find the array of the results become huge. Is there any way that only last two or three columns of the results can be displayed?

Announcements