cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Where is the PTC Mathcad Worksheet Collection

akelly
11-Garnet

Where is the PTC Mathcad Worksheet Collection

Last week, I got an e-mail from PTC Technical Support: there is a "PTC Mathcad Worksheet Collection" Software Update available for Mathcad Prime 3.0 F000.

When I clicked on the link, it takes me to the PTC Software Downloads area, but I don't see the Worksheet Collection anywhere. (I do see the Mathcad setup files, but the e-mail suggests the Worksheet Collection is a separate download.)

Looking for someone that got (or sent) the e-mail, knows about the Mathcad Prime 3 Worksheet Collection, and knows where to download it.

--Andrew

17 REPLIES 17
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:akelly)

Are you refering to these worksheets?

http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-3621

No. I knew about the community-provided worksheets.

This was an official e-mail about a PTC software update.

This is your PTC Technical Support Email subscription, which you are currently scheduled to receive daily at 8:00 AM (Eastern Standard Time). This email contains the following:

Software Updates: 1

• Software Updates which have been updated since your last subscription email

Product

Release

Datecode

Description

Mathcad

Prime 3.0

F000

PTC Mathcad Worksheet Collection

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

When i click it I get the following message:

LAND AND MARINE PROJECT ENGINEERING

According to our records, there are no products entitled to software updates.

To have this issue investigated, please contact the Maintenance Department.

Call 877-ASK-4PTC (877-275-4782) or 781-370-5408

Select the Maintenance option from the menu.

Please start at the beginning of the application.

That must be why I did not receive the e-mail.

Mike,

This link leads to PTC's software download page:

Pic_1.png

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Cheers Vladimir, can you post the direct link for Andrew.

akelly
11-Garnet

I ended up opening a call with PTC to explain the e-mail.

The case is currently under review by their Release Management Team, whatever that means.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Andrew Kelly wrote:

The case is currently under review by their Release Management Team, whatever that means.

Good luck

Please keep us updated of the outcome.

akelly
11-Garnet

PTC Tech Support wrote:
With regards to the above mentioned case, the PTC Mathcad Worksheet Collection, is a separately purchased product and is not included as part of your Mathcad commercial license entitlement.

There's nothing I've found on PTC's web site regarding a separate purchase for the Mathcad Prime 3.0 Worksheet Collection. I've asked for a clarification.

Anyone know anything to the contrary?

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Maybe you should send an email to sales saying "I have been informed by a member of PTC's staff that there is a Mathcad worksheet collection for Prime 3.0 available as a separate product. It is possible we may wish to purchase multiple copies. Please send a list of the worksheets included in the collection". When there's possible mony on the table maybe you will get a useful answer.

Note that I phrased that very carefully, because it does not say you will purchase, or even that you may purchase, only that you may wish to

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Andrew,

Please find "PTC Mathcad - All Worksheets" here: http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-3621

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

Sorry posted before seeing this.

Thanks, but that's not it. I posted a copy of the e-mail from PTC Tech Support so everyone can understand this DOES NOT relate to the PTC Community side of things. This was an announcement from PTC about an OFFICIAL Mathcad software update regarding a Mathcad Worksheet Collection

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I think you are probably a victim of PTC's often over-zealous marketing department. The worksheets posted to the community are in Prime 3.0 format so they cannot be read by Prime 2.0 (or even converted to Prime 2.0 format), therefore they are a "feature" of Prime 3.0. I do not think there is any other collection. Maybe they intended to create a way to download them all in one package, but it never happened.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Nevertheless the recent mail Andrew is quoting, which points to the official PTC download site, is somewhat confusing.

So far nobody else seems to have got that mail. So its probably a good idea for Andrew to reply to technical support and report that the link is not working as expected.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Andrew Kelly wrote:

Last week, I got an e-mail from PTC Technical Support: there is a "PTC Mathcad Worksheet Collection" Software Update available for Mathcad Prime 3.0 F000.

Anybody else out there who got that kind of mail?

No. I have never seen that.

Top Tags