cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Which version of Mathcad comes with Creo Parametric 3?

David_M
5-Regular Member

Which version of Mathcad comes with Creo Parametric 3?

The installer, links and title say Mathcad Prime, but the "about" page says Mathcad Express, both version 3.1.

I read that if you buy Mathcad Prime you can also use Mathcad 15. Does this apply to the version bundled with Creo Parametric 3? I'm guessing not.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:David_M)

Mathcad Prime and Express are the same installer, which is probably the source of the confusion. Express is what you get if you don't have a license for Mathcad. Since PTC does not seem inclined to ever give anything away for free, my guess is that you have Express. If you have a license for Prime it will also work for Mathcad 15, but as I said, my guess is that you don't. You can tell for sure by starting Mathcad. If you have Express, it says so at the top of the screen.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:David_M)

Mathcad Prime and Express are the same installer, which is probably the source of the confusion. Express is what you get if you don't have a license for Mathcad. Since PTC does not seem inclined to ever give anything away for free, my guess is that you have Express. If you have a license for Prime it will also work for Mathcad 15, but as I said, my guess is that you don't. You can tell for sure by starting Mathcad. If you have Express, it says so at the top of the screen.

Top Tags