cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Why are so many posts being moved to RemovedContent recently?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Why are so many posts being moved to RemovedContent recently?

I've noticed that several posts have recently been unavailable when I've tried to access them by following a link in my email notifications.   Not being able to see them, I have had no idea why the posts were removed.   However, the most recent moved the post linked below to RemovedContent and I have no idea why an old post with a handful of responses has suddenly become a target for moderation.   

The post asked if there were any ways to convert Mathcad to some standard programming language.  The action seemed to have been triggered by somebody posting a link to a Mathcad-to-C# converter.   Removal seems an overly heavy-handed action to me.   

Several of us have looked at and manipulated the structure of Mathcad worksheets for a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to: worksheet repair, worksheet automation and expression-to-readable-equation conversion.    All, as far as I'm concerned, legitimate activities and, indeed, formerly allowed running Mathcad 15.   There are a few worksheets still available in the Community that carry out such actions.

I do hope we're not entering a regime of excessive censorship.

Stuart

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Converting-MathCad-to-C-or-C/td-p/78237/jump-to/first-unread-message

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi StuartBruff, 

Allow me to provide more details on the situation you raised.

Please know that the post you are referring to has been removed due to the fact that it contained a spam link and text which was unrelated to the topic of the thread.

There were several cases reported within the Community and they have all been isolated and removed.

Regards, 

Corina

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:StuartBruff)

Stuart,

The forum is recently being infested with responses to threads that, at first sight and if they are well done, appear to address the topic of the thread, but in fact they don't and in some cases it is possible to find the source of the response-text verbatim elsewhere on the internet. See here for an example.

Many of those responses receive an addition in the form of a weblink to something completely unrelated immediately, or at some later time (must be within a day, or else the post cannot be edited). Others and myself have notified the moderator (there's now a nice button to do so) and requested the posts to be removed, or at least the embedded weblink.

Luc

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:LucMeekes)

Cheers, Luc.

Stuart

Hi StuartBruff, 

Allow me to provide more details on the situation you raised.

Please know that the post you are referring to has been removed due to the fact that it contained a spam link and text which was unrelated to the topic of the thread.

There were several cases reported within the Community and they have all been isolated and removed.

Regards, 

Corina

Thanks for that, Corina.  I now feel somewhat relieved.   

Cheers,

Stuart

Top Tags