cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Why doesn't it like my expressions?

ptc-4423720
1-Newbie

Why doesn't it like my expressions?

I don't understand why it doesn't like my ∆H expressions (the one that use heat capacity). I'm talking about ∆Hethanol(T), ∆Hethylene(T) and ∆Hwater(T). From there I think I can figure out what's wrong with the rest of it, just need to know one to know the rest. It doesn't come up as red until you enter the = sign.

Also, do I need to do a solve block before ∆Greaction(T,P,e) to get it to graph? I just can't tell because of the errors.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

tmp1.gif

Sorry, missed that.

The expressions do work, just not in line. Evaluate next to the expression. Sometimes this happens.

By the way, they are not actually functions of T, T is inside the integrals, which have fixed limits.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Some of the functions are not defined, put a couple of artificial ones in

tmp.gif

Thanks for catching some inconsistencies. But my problem was evaluating the ∆H expressions. Anyone know?

tmp1.gif

Sorry, missed that.

The expressions do work, just not in line. Evaluate next to the expression. Sometimes this happens.

By the way, they are not actually functions of T, T is inside the integrals, which have fixed limits.

Fantastic!!! thanks so much!

Top Tags