cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Mathcad so Hard to Buy? Am I Doing Something Wrong?

Re: Why is Mathcad so Hard to Buy? Am I Doing Something Wrong?

You can find PTC's software reseller in your local region here: https://www.ptc.com/en/partners/find-your-partner

Thanks for the link.  I'm already working with EAC Product Development Solutions, one of the vendors on their list.  The good news is that the price for a 1 year student license is down to $50.  This is a great move by PTC.

The semester has started, so I'll know soon whether my students are having trouble buying Mathcad.  Hopefully, we're past most of the problems.  Funny that we don't have to go through this convoluted process to get MATLAB.

In other news, my university went to Windows 10 over the summer.   For some reason, Mathcad disappeared from all the computers in my classroom when that happened.  No more Mathcad in the classroom for me, I guess.  Too bad.

Highlighted

@mfrench wrote:

The good news is that the price for a 1 year student license is down to $50.  This is a great move by PTC.

The semester has started, so I'll know soon whether my students are having trouble buying Mathcad.  Hopefully, we're past most of the problems.  Funny that we don't have to go through this convoluted process to get MATLAB.

MATLAB used to be free to students.  That's why all the new engineers demanded MATLAB on their computers and didn't have a clue about Mathcad when I brought it up; a great marketing ploy that I could never get MathSoft to understand (let alone PTC.)  

In other news, my university went to Windows 10 over the summer.   For some reason, Mathcad disappeared from all the computers in my classroom when that happened.  No more Mathcad in the classroom for me, I guess.  Too bad.

Mathcad runs fine on Windows 10.  Maybe somebody at your school is trying to show you the future,  ;-)

I suspect a license ran out and nobody wanted to pay to renew it, though I don't know for sure.  I'm running V15 on Windows 10 and haven't had a problem.