cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Why is setting a secondary axis not possible in Mathcad Prime?

sizabella
1-Newbie

Why is setting a secondary axis not possible in Mathcad Prime?

Hello everyone,

Does anybody know, if PTC developed the secondary axis function already - for Mathcad Prime? The old Mathcad version had this option.

It is horrible without it, for example in case of a Bode plot. I would like to see phase shift and gain on the same graph.

Any hints?

Or any alternative solutions for the problem?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

Prime is lacking a lot of feature we are used from Mathcad for a long time.

Plotting is especially weak in Prime (never was the strong part of Mathcad anyway) and as far as it was announced speeding up the program and enhancing plotting ability is on the roadmap for Prime 4.

Not sure abou the seondary ordinate, though.

Vladmir posted the roadmap with the details here a while ago - maybe you can find it.

WE

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:sizabella)

"Why is setting a secondary axis not possible in Mathcad Prime?"

Simple, because they didn't (find it important enough to) implement it yet, like with many other features that Mathcad 15 has, and Prime doesn't.

Solution:

If you have a license for Prime, you have a license for Mathcad 15. Install it, and use it until Prime grows up.

or:

Wait until a future edition of Prime brings it.....

Success

Luc

Thank you! It's a pity actually...

sizabella wrote:

Thank you! It's a pity actually...

Yes, but only if you are forced to use Prime and cannot follow Lucs suggestion to stay with Mathcad 15 as many of us do.

Here is the link to Vladimirs post about what to expect in Prime 4

Mathcad Prime 4.0: some new updates

At first glance I could not spot a secondary ordinate.

As far as I remember Prime 4 is scheduled for the end of 2016, but I would not bet on it.

Werner

A secondary x-axis not possible in Mathcad 15 and Prime. I need it. For example it will be good to have C and K temperature scale on the x axis.

Valery Ochkov wrote:

A secondary x-axis not possible in Mathcad 15 and Prime. I need it. For example it will be good to have C and K temperature scale on the x axis.

I "second" that, and "third" it while we're at it ... there are occasions when it would be nice to have a tertiary axis. It would also be nice to continue this over into the 3+D plots.

Stuart

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Werner_E)

There will be graphing improvements in Prime 4.0, but I don't know the details.

MJG
18-Opal
18-Opal
(To:RichardJ)

The latest update from PTC (as posted by Vladimir) excluded the plot enhancements they had been promising advertising.  I suppose only time will tell if they will be included in Prime 4.0 or not.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:MJG)

I'm sure that there will be plotting improvements in Prime 4.0. Exactly what those improvements will be is somewhat unknown.

Top Tags