cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Why the Find function doesn't work?

januarymayers
2-Guest

Why the Find function doesn't work?

I'm trying to solve for f in an equation. All the variables in that equation are previously defined. but I can get the find function to work. this is very confusing. Can somebody let me know what is wrong with my work please? thanks !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@januarymayers wrote:

I'm trying to solve for f in an equation. All the variables in that equation are previously defined. but I can get the find function to work. this is very confusing. Can somebody let me know what is wrong with my work please? thanks !

You need to provide an initial guess for f.  Put this just before the Given keyword.  You could use f := 1N here for example.

However, in this instance the use of Find is unnecessary; just divide the LHS by -L.

Alan 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@januarymayers wrote:

You need to provide an initial guess for f.  Put this just before the Given keyword.  You could use f := 1N here for example.

However, in this instance the use of Find is unnecessary; just divide the LHS by -L.

Alan 

Hi,

Newby.jpg

Hi,

You can use the root function.

Capture.JPG

Top Tags