cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't it solve?

SOLVED

Re: Why won't it solve?

@Hum wrote:

Obviously, PTC maintains a maximum threshold of helpfulness which the corporation endorses. You've apparently reached that threshold, the community loves you for it, but PTC has capped your further dissemination of insight in the same vein as the 15 to Prime transition has unfolded. 

No, this time PTC seems to be guiltless. As I understand it the 1000 pictures limit is/was a default limit in the Lithium forum software. The problem seems to be that we don't use the community the way Lithium had designed its software (we could also say that PTC had chosen the wrong software, though ;-)
Most of us see it as a user driven support forum and could happily do without all of its "social media features".

The image gallery is meant to collect and post photos the way people do on the various well know social media platforms. For this way of use, a limit of 1000 may make sense and it would not hurt to delete older pics to make room for new ones. If I would delete pics, this would make my older answers useless in most cases.

The design of this platform did not consider that a picture embedded in a posted text might just be a small screenshot whose purpose is not show-off or fun but to clarify a given answer.

But the problem is fixed for now. Our community manager Jaime Lee requested by Lithium to increase the limit and now the limit is 3000, which should be enough for the next few years, I think.

It sounds promising Sir however, the image you so graciously provided me remains replaced with a dud... Additionally it would be prudent for the forum vendor, Lithium, to provide a warning to users who are deleting pictures that their posts will consequently break.

Anywho, thanks again Sir... 

@Hum wrote:

It sounds promising Sir however, the image you so graciously provided me remains replaced with a dud... Additionally it would be prudent for the forum vendor, Lithium, to provide a warning to users who are deleting pictures that their posts will consequently break.

Anywho, thanks again Sir... 

I agree that a warning and information concerning that limit would have been beneficial.

BTW, it looks like the limit only does apply to picture which are embedded, not to pictures which are attached to a post.

I deleted that picture in my answer here as a test because it was in no way essential to the answer (I had also attached the Prime worksheet) and I already suspected that deleting that picture in the "gallery" would affect the post. I had not saved that picture so I would not be able to upload it again. Deleting the dummy picture would be possible but it would make people who read this thread clueless as to what I am talking about.

So I guess its the best solution to leave it as it is.

Acknowledged...

Mathcad Prime provokes a good deal of questions on my behalf. I struggle to make worksheets that flow from some givens at the top to a solution at the bottom. I'm having to solve things manually, or copy and past return values and starting over. Then it circles some values in red, and it thinks my variables are units, neither "feature" you can turn off from my understanding. So anyway, I'm glad they facilitated your further participation because my questions are mounting...  

@Hum wrote:

Acknowledged...

Mathcad Prime provokes a good deal of questions on my behalf. I struggle to make worksheets that flow from some givens at the top to a solution at the bottom. I'm having to solve things manually, or copy and past return values and starting over. Then it circles some values in red, and it thinks my variables are units, neither "feature" you can turn off from my understanding. So anyway, I'm glad they facilitated your further participation because my questions are mounting...  

My participation here never was at risk. It was simply that I wasn't able to embed pics in my posts (I still could attach them) which was a bit annoying. The reason I mentioned this subject here simply was because I had chosen a pic from this post for testwise deletion. Guess it would have been a better idea to save the pic first, delete it and then re-add it again.

Concerning your Prime problems - feel free to ask here but give a new question a new thread. There a quite a lot of people out here capable and willing to help you.