cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Will I get mathcad 15 license if i buy mathcad prime 5?

mike1111
4-Participant

Will I get mathcad 15 license if i buy mathcad prime 5?

I would like to buy mathcad 15, but cannot find it in ptc store. I've read that buying mathcad prime gives you mathcad 15 license as well. Is it true and will it work? I'd like to buy a student license.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You will have to install Prime first. During the installation a license file is generated (bound to the MAC-address of your NIC).

Then you can install Mathcad 15 (you have to download it from PTCs site) and during installation you point the license manager to the license file of Prime. Mathcad 15 will happilly accept it.

You should store the license file on a safe place - just in case.

Then you may uninstall Prime but take care that you don't delete the license file.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

for commercial license it works. I hope the same applies to student license.

Martin Hanák

You will have to install Prime first. During the installation a license file is generated (bound to the MAC-address of your NIC).

Then you can install Mathcad 15 (you have to download it from PTCs site) and during installation you point the license manager to the license file of Prime. Mathcad 15 will happilly accept it.

You should store the license file on a safe place - just in case.

Then you may uninstall Prime but take care that you don't delete the license file.

Top Tags