cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WinSteam Functions in MathCad

WinSteam Functions in MathCad

Hi,

I am a new user of MathCad.

I want to use WinSteam (a steam properties programme, developed by Techware) functions from within MathCad. During installation, WinSteam creates a DLL file and I can see that MathCad understands the functions attributes and parameters correctly when I type in correct syntax. My question is how do I get those functions listed in Functions (either as User defined or some other category) so that I can scroll and select them from a list.

Typically Winsteam functions look like, for example, StmPQM(p,q,unit system) for dynamic viscosity at a given pressure (p) and drynes fraction (q). Remembering exact syntax, letter cases for all functions will be a struggle. Would be much easier if they appeared on screen (like they do in Excel and supposed to be same in MathCad).

cheers,

Sanjay

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9

Re: WinSteam Functions in MathCad

Sorry, but the best Water/Steam property functions set for Mathcad (and others) is WaterSteamPro

See please www.wsp.ru

You can use the "cloud" Water/Steam property functions set too - see http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/WSPHB/Web-function-Power-Eng.pdf

May be.

But unfortunately, we dont have WaterSteamPro and can not buy it when we already bought a similar tool.

As I said, I can use WinSteam functions in MathCad - but they are not showing up in the list of functions. There must be some ways to activate that.

Thanks anyway Valery.

cheers,

Do You know why WaterSteamPro is the best program!?

Because that users WaterSteamPro addressed not to this forum with your questions - they addressed direct to me - to one of developers of this program

And because that WaterSteamPro is recommended from IAPWS - see please http://iapws.org/newform.htm

And because that WaterSteamPro uses units (MPa, Btu, kJ/(kg K) etc ) in Mathcad

...and because that... I know Mathcad very well

Hello Sanjay,

Did you you find a way to make the winsteam functions appear in mathcad?

I'm having the same problem with Mathcad 15.

Stephane

To make the functions appear in the insert functions list you will have to edit the file "user_EN.xml" (located in ....\Mathcad 15\doc\funcdoc) appropriatly. Further details are found if you click "Help/Developer's Reference/Writing Mathcad DLLs/Creating help for your functions".

In fact you don't have to use the "user_EN_xml" but you may chose to create a new xml-file with a different name. Thats OK as long as its placed in the correct directory and named with an "_EN" (or "_DE" or whatever language code) at the and.

So either the makers of your addon pack provide that XML-information or you will have to do it on your own.

Guys, in the installation folder is a file with the descriptions of functions: McadFunc.txt

WinSteam_MC15_insert.PNG

Thank you guys, it worked!!!!

Unfortunately, Sanjay does not seem to be around...

Mathcad with WaterSteamPro:

WSP.png

As an alternative, you can use SMath Studio. This possibility is built there.

WinSteam_insert.png

WinSteamDemo.png

Announcements