cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Windows 7 x64-Mathcad V14 install

ptc-1437441
1-Newbie

Windows 7 x64-Mathcad V14 install

Hi, I have a single user license of Mathcad V14. Been a long time user of Mathcad so I now moved to a new computer. I installed Mathcad in a new PC Desktop having Windows 7 x64. I had the original download of V14 and then I installed the M020 update. So far it seems to work fine. The Print preview window pops up over the Mathcad window which seems to disappear? Printing brings the Mathcad window back so no problem I guess. Hope this helps someone. Feel free to add to this post-it may help me. Jim Kirk
12 REPLIES 12

Which version of Windows 7 are you using? Did you have to upgrade to professional?
ELSID
4-Participant
(To:ptc-2945623)

You are the only one that I know of that has got a version of Mathcad to work on Windows 7 64 bit. Which flavor OS are you using? Which version of 14?

I have MathCAD 14 M030 working on my Windows 7 Professional Computer as well.
ELSID
4-Participant
(To:ptc-1214803)

Found out from others that the install on Windows 7 should work if 1) you first uninstall your current version before upgrading your windows 2) do a complete re-install. Step one is imperative. Has to do with the license.

I am a single user. My Computer died and I purchased a new HP with Windows 7 Home version. Mathcad will not load. It can not complete loading all the files and I get a try again message.

"Ruben Sidranski" wrote:

Found out from others that the install on Windows 7 should work if 1) you first uninstall your current version before upgrading your windows 2) do a complete re-install. Step one is imperative. Has to do with the license.

I initially had trouble installing MCD14 on Win7 x64, but got it to work in the end. My recommendations: 1. Do not mess around with compatibility settings. This didn't turn out to help, and got me into trouble doing reinstalls, since I forgot to remove earlier compatibility settings. 2. When running the installer, right-click and select 'Run as Administrator'. This is what fixed my install problems in the end. I did a fresh install, so I cannot comment on the need to do a full uninstall of prior versions. Joe

Any help with installing MCAD 13 in WIN 7? Wants to install Microsoft.NET.Framework1.1 first, but then says are known incompatibility issues and I'm afraid to tell it to install anyway, so it quits. This is a new install. Thanks.

"Richard Eley" wrote:

Any help with installing MCAD 13 in WIN 7? Wants to install Microsoft.NET.Framework1.1 first, but then says are known incompatibility issues and I'm afraid to tell it to install anyway, so it quits. This is a new install. Thanks.

We had issues as well, a lot had to do with the licensing model and we had to upgrade our single user license to a Locked license to even be able to download the latest build to even try to get it to install under Windows 7 x32 pro. We downloaded our new build which was M030, and it was fine. Now when we try to run it, it is giving an error that the license has expired, even though we just bought it in January. It asks to run the licensing wizard again, so I do and it says sorry that I have reached the maximum number of licenses. This is the only system it is installed on. I also noticed that the latest official build is back to M020. I'm not sure if this is why the licensing is no longer working, but it was working fine in January/February. I have contacted support, but haven't heard back as of yet.

I made a fresh install of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate (previous OS was VISTA 32bit) and found a lot of problems installing Mathcad 14 M020. First, I tried to install Mathcad as one of the first programs but without success. Finally, after installing Microsoft Office and lot of my other programs Mathcad installation was provided successfully. It looks that Mathcad before installation needs some other software in correct version to be installed. Mathcad has poor installer which is not telling what is needed to be installed before Mathcad installation. But... finally now Mathcad 14 M020 works fine on Win 7 x64 Ultimate. Jerzy

I am trying to load Mathcad 14, m020 on a laptop, windows 7, 64 bit. I have been trying to get the "correct" numbers loaded for the IP address and I have noticed that when filling in the IP address for the request a license page there are 6 spots for the two sets of numbers and when I run IPCONFIG/ALL I have 8 sets of two numbers for the IP address.....Does anybody know what numbers out of the 8 set of two numbers I enter into the 6 set of two numbers so I get the correct license file? Mathcad seems to have installed okay, despite I cannot open it without the correct license file containing the correct Hostid #'s. Thanks, Ron S.
Top Tags