cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Worksheet is grayed out?

ptc-4547604
1-Newbie

Worksheet is grayed out?

Hi everyone,

As you can see in the picture below, MathCAD 15 has the worksheet grayed out. I can't figure out how to fix it. I can still enter data in but I can't read any of it because the gray overpowers the text color.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks!

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2860/mathcad.png

12 REPLIES 12
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4547604)

Has the coloured background option been selected. I'm sure you can right mouse click and deselect it.

Mike

If you find that the background colour is the issue and it always occurs when you open a worksheet, you will have to modify the template - typical path below.

Program Files\Mathcad\Mathcad 14\template

Mike

Check your color background (in main menu go to "Format" -> "Color" -> "Background"):

Pic_1.png

Pic_2.png

I tried editing the Normal template but the background color was already set to #fff which is white. I also tried changing the background color via "Format" --> "Color" --> "Background" but it was also set to white. Any other ideas?

Can you save some worksheet with background that you have and upload it here?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I tried editing the Normal template but the background color was already set to #fff which is white. I also tried changing the background color via "Format" --> "Color" --> "Background" but it was also set to white. Any other ideas?

Very strange. Could you upload a worksheet?

Mike

h_nas
4-Participant

If you go to view, then untick Regions, that should returned it to white.

Hinnd

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:h_nas)

He said in his original post that he cannot read the text. When regions is selection, regions are highlighted white by default, so he would have been able to see the text.

Mike

Let's wait a document example.

I know this is a bit old, but I just had the same issue. Turns out it's not solid grey, you can see if you zoom in very closely. It's an improper page setup, mine having been when my printer was changed to a label maker size default, making the pages very small strips. Changed back to letter and viola - back to normal!

Hope this helps!

Crazy effect! hadn't it myself but hope your tip will help people having similar problems. Is there a version of Mathcad this bug can by assigned to?

This worked for me. It was my DYMO Label printer. The only page sizes I could use were labels so I had to change the default printer in windows back to my normal A4 printer and then reopen the MathCAD file and then it shows up fine. 

Many thanks for the tip!

Top Tags