cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Write Excel Function

tietjee
14-Alexandrite

Write Excel Function

Prime 2.0 has the function WRITEEXCEL. This will write data to an Excel spreadsheet. The function does not have the flexibility of the MathCAD v15. MathCAD v15 will start the writing to a specified sheet and cell. Not having this feature reduces the ability to transfer data to a spreadsheet for pre and post processing. Does anybody have a work around for this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:tietjee)

It's such a shame that they never included this, but I can't see a workaround without the use of scriptable objects. I can't understand how they managed to implement the feature in READEXCEL but nor WRITEEXCEL??

Mike

tselvan
4-Participant
(To:MikeArmstrong)

The functionality you are looking for is there in Prime 2 as well, only the syntax is changed(I think it is documented on the Migration guide). See screenshot below

WriteXL_test.png

Here 3 and 4 arguments represent starting row, col of dataset you want to write. So, 1,1 writes entire dataset.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:tselvan)

Well done you are correct. I really need to start working on Prime a little more.

My on earth does it say you cannot do this in the help?

Mike

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:tselvan)

Tamizh, I tried using the format, but got the followin error

"The value must be a scalar or vector" The sheet and cell are highleghted.

Top Tags