cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Writing in Excel

fahmed-2
12-Amethyst

Writing in Excel

Hello,

I am trying to export data from Mathcad to excel. I have attached the file as I did. I am facing two problems with this 

1) It is saying the units are not compatible

2) It is making a new excel file named as "Collect data"

I do understand that since I have named the destination file as "Collect data" that is why it is doing that but I want to export data in an already made excel file such that Mathcad will only export data at that excel file in a specific sheet (i.e., Sheet2) and start from a specific cell (i.e., A19). It will also overwrite in the same location whenever a change is made in Mathcad. Please help me out.

Thank you,

Faisal

1 REPLY 1
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:fahmed-2)

For one thing: You cannot export units to Excel, since Excel does not support/work with units: you cannot put a value with a unit in a cell AND have Excel understand that (natively).

If you divide your Psi Transposed by m that error message is (should be) gone.

The other thing:

Once that units error message is gone, the file is written. After I change "Sheet1!F19" to "Sheet2!F19" the same information is written to sheet 2 of the same excel workbook. I see no problems...

Note that Mathcad will recalculate any active expressions when a value that the expression depends on is changed. This is due to "automatic calculation". You can switch that off...

Success!
Luc

Top Tags