cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

YABIMS

To whom ever is interested in, here's

Yet Another Bug in Mathcad's Symbolics

B.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

My original post was about real Mathcad (version 15 and below), but the bug also was present in the first versions of Prime.

The bug was fixed in Prime 6 with the introduction of the new symbolic engine (Axiom/friCAS).

While the new engine generally seems to be less capable compared to the old one (muPad),  it does not suffer from some bugs the old engine had (but it has new bugs on the other side).

I'am closing this thread as nobody will fix bugs in older versions of Prime anymore, let alone in real Mathcad.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

Is anyone tracking these YABIMSs?  Is it too much to expect PTC to track?

@tietjee wrote:

The symbolic engine in Prime is the same antiquated MuPad that was in Mathcad when PTC bought it. 

Nobody's tracking!  Nobody cares!  Nobody will fix them. 

@tietjee wrote:

Unfortunately - no (first question) and yes (second one)!

PTC never was interested in bug reports.

This applies in particular to Mathcad and even more specifically to the symbolic kernel MuPad used there.

So Fred is perfectly right in his analysis - nobody at PTC cares, and the chance that such bugs will be fixed is close to zero.

Hello Werner_E

just an update - seems this bug is fixed in MP 9 !

regards

Owe

My original post was about real Mathcad (version 15 and below), but the bug also was present in the first versions of Prime.

The bug was fixed in Prime 6 with the introduction of the new symbolic engine (Axiom/friCAS).

While the new engine generally seems to be less capable compared to the old one (muPad),  it does not suffer from some bugs the old engine had (but it has new bugs on the other side).

I'am closing this thread as nobody will fix bugs in older versions of Prime anymore, let alone in real Mathcad.

Top Tags