cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

a question on PDEs solving

FanCG
1-Newbie

a question on PDEs solving

there are governing equations from my friend, describing transport of SO2 through the porous particles and reaction rate of the individual grain along with the respective boundary conditions. Can anyone give me any hints on how to solve the PDEs when mathcad is the only choice? He wants to get the time-space distribution of C and r for the process, and then X0 can be further calculated

NOTE THAT ri' in the 1st equation should be rg'

01.JPG

02.JPG

03.JPG

4 REPLIES 4

You have lot of equalities that don't appear to make up for setting the PDE system. There are several typical Pdesolve examples in the Qs , that could help you dress the system you are attempting to solve . Further you don't have a diagram, neither some description of the process. Please read the note and the two examples in the attached, just in case different wording triggers an intuitive setup because that's what you have to start with. The other important point is that you have no data set of collected experiment to calibrate some of the volatile parameters that characterize the physical system.

Cheers collab, back on the design board.

jmG

... a nicely solved PDE system [jmG]

thx for ur 2 files. I will stuy them.

as for some experimental data and backgroud introduction , I will try to ask it from my friend to see whether he can supply some or not

A quick scan at the code shows that preactant and mproduct are both undefined. PPDEsolkk is not an exception to the general rul that all variables must be defined before use.

Top Tags