cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

arrow operator like an equal sign

ptc-5354835
1-Newbie

arrow operator like an equal sign

What does this mean and how do you use it I see it used between certain functions.

Jim

10 REPLIES 10

Look up the help for "symbolic evaluation".

Werner,

However symbolic evaluation is not allowed om Mathcad Prime 3,0 so I will have to use the old school method.

Jim

arrow operator like an equal sign?

Only in Mathcad 15

arrow.png

However symbolic evaluation is not allowed om Mathcad Prime 3,0

Thats not true! Symbolics IS available in Prime. Maybe you a referring to the crippled Prime Express - thats what the free trial version falls back to after the trial period of 1 month. Here a lot of features, including symbolics, are disabled so the version won't be of much use for serious work (of course, on purpose).

so I will have to use the old school method.

So what was your inital question?

Maybe you onsider rephrasing your questions a little more clearly and it also helps to state which version of Mathcad your question refers, too.

You mean Mathcad Prime Express 3.0?

Yes,

I mean the free 3.0.

Mathcad 15 offers many convienent features.

However, One can perform these same tasks with the free version, it just takes a little ingenuity.

Jim

I have absolutely no clue what your question here is!?

Your initial question suggested you are unaware of the symbolic eval and now you explain you will do without (you have to if you use Express anyway). So, whats the problem/question you are searching help for?

Sometimes when I need a symbol math I go to the Mathematica site.

It will be very good to have a possibility of direct copy answers of this site into Mathcad. And from Mathcad into this site.

I agree - in-/export to/from "standard" onedimensional representation of expressions would be beneficial.

Mathcad Express version has limited functionality:

Pic_1.PNG

Top Tags