cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

assigning a value to a parameters defined above in the worksheet

MortezaA
1-Newbie

assigning a value to a parameters defined above in the worksheet

i have this long worksheet that creates graphs in the last page . I am investigating the effect of the parameters defined in the first pages of the worsheet on the final results(graphs) . each time I have to scrol several pages up , change a value , run the program scroll down and see the difference. doing this for several hundered times is makin me crazy!!!

I there a way to assign a value to the parameters defined in the first pages from somewhere down in the worksheet?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There are a few solutions to your problem which come to mind

1) Probably too cumbersome if the worksheet wasn't designed that way from the beginning, but the maybe cleanest solution from a mathematical point of view. Turn all of your calculation into functions depending on the parameters you want to change. So you can call the function(s) with the parameters at the end of the sheet w/o scrolling and you are even able to compare the results directly, having the results of different sets of parameters side by side at the same time.

2) Use global assignment for the parameters at the end of your sheet (basically this is what you asked for, I think)

3) Keep the parameters assigned at the top and hide the calculations in one ore more collapsed areas.

4) Put the calculations in a second worksheet which you reference in your main sheet after the parameter definitions.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

There are a few solutions to your problem which come to mind

1) Probably too cumbersome if the worksheet wasn't designed that way from the beginning, but the maybe cleanest solution from a mathematical point of view. Turn all of your calculation into functions depending on the parameters you want to change. So you can call the function(s) with the parameters at the end of the sheet w/o scrolling and you are even able to compare the results directly, having the results of different sets of parameters side by side at the same time.

2) Use global assignment for the parameters at the end of your sheet (basically this is what you asked for, I think)

3) Keep the parameters assigned at the top and hide the calculations in one ore more collapsed areas.

4) Put the calculations in a second worksheet which you reference in your main sheet after the parameter definitions.

Top Tags