cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

can anyone help me with this?

jzy
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

can anyone help me with this?

the problem I have is about global assignment. Is there any other ways for me to use to calculate the max value without using the maximise function? I have used global assignment thru out the mathcad as it is needed for my summary in the first page.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:jzy)

OK - looks like there indeed is a way to achieve what you want (if what you want is what I think it is).

As your function f is simple enough and well behaved in the interval of interest, you can use "root" to find the zero of the derivative of f and assign the output globally directly to beta.crit.

Nevertheless I would still vote against using those global assignments the way you do 😉

You may soon reach a point where no workaround is available.

WE

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

> I have used global assignment thru out the mathcad as it is needed for my summary in the first page.

I don't see any global assignments in your two pictures so it is not clear which variable is globally assigned a value and which was calculated. Furthermore its not a good idea to give us just pictures to look at rather than the worksheet itself (unless its P3.1 of course). If possible at all strip down your sheet to the barebones or create a dummy sample sheet showing the problem and send it here.

Global assignments should be used sparely and with care. Generally its not a good idea to use global assignments the way your text implies you had done.

Maybe its a better idea not to look for a replacement for maximize but rather for a replacement of your summary at the first page.

WE

jzy
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

this is the file

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

And the concrete problem is .....?

Obviously the maximize block works OK.

Is it that you don't want to copy the output 65.29 degreee manually to the globally assigned variable beta.crit which probably is used to calculate other variables you need to see in your summary at the top?? If yes, I would see no way to do so, sorry.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

OK - looks like there indeed is a way to achieve what you want (if what you want is what I think it is).

As your function f is simple enough and well behaved in the interval of interest, you can use "root" to find the zero of the derivative of f and assign the output globally directly to beta.crit.

Nevertheless I would still vote against using those global assignments the way you do 😉

You may soon reach a point where no workaround is available.

WE

Top Tags