cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

change font color in "A name is required here"

rdelascasas
6-Contributor

change font color in "A name is required here"

I am writing a paper using as math editor Mathcad, but when I write an equation that is missing a value or a previous definition, I have a comment, for example: A name is required here" and the mistake in the equation will be in red. 

Being in red affect the possibility to copy and paste the equation in a word document.

is there a way that I can avoid the red color when a mistake is happening in an equation?

I want that the equation look with all the letters and symbols in black.

Regards,

Rogelio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:rdelascasas)

Another way is to make sure that you define all variables and functions that you use. You have two options:

- Just define them as being 1 or 0. This will give you bogus answers for calculations. And if you don't pay enough attention, you could run into other errors (division by 0 could result).

- Define them properly and make your equations really work. That way you can have Mathcad check your equations before you commit them to the Word document. You could even have Mathcad help you solve equations, calculate results etc.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Instead of the assignment operator, which you get by pressing the colon ':' and shows as ':=', use the boolean equals operator, which you get by typing [Ctrl =] and shows as a bold equals sign '=' .

That makes the equation 'not work' but 'just show'.

Success!
Luc

[Ctrl =] is: press and hold-down the Ctrl key, then tap the = key.

rdelascasas
6-Contributor
(To:LucMeekes)

thank you very much.

rogelio

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Another way is to make sure that you define all variables and functions that you use. You have two options:

- Just define them as being 1 or 0. This will give you bogus answers for calculations. And if you don't pay enough attention, you could run into other errors (division by 0 could result).

- Define them properly and make your equations really work. That way you can have Mathcad check your equations before you commit them to the Word document. You could even have Mathcad help you solve equations, calculate results etc.

Success!
Luc

rdelascasas
6-Contributor
(To:LucMeekes)

Luc,

thank you very much for both responses.

I will follow your advices,

kind regards,

Rogelio

Top Tags