cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

circular loop

jhossain
1-Newbie

circular loop

hi

Good day.

I have 3 vectors, say L1, L2, L3. And now I want to get results for cross products of all possible combinations with two vectors (which is acctully L1xL2, L2xL3, L3xL1). How can I get it with programming or in a easy way avoiding making three formula seperately for three results. Is there any function which can do this circular loop or other easy ways.

Best Regards

Jahangir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A starting point--

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

A starting point--

Thanks Fred

Jahangir Hossain wrote:

hi

Good day.

I have 3 vectors, say L1, L2, L3. And now I want to get results for cross products of all possible combinations with two vectors (which is acctully L1xL2, L2xL3, L3xL1). How can I get it with programming or in a easy way avoiding making three formula seperately for three results. Is there any function which can do this circular loop or other easy ways.

Best Regards

Jahangir

Sure you can do it using Prime's programming facility, but in my opinion this would not be worth the effort. The direct way would be the easiest and most elegant one and it depends upon your needs in which way the result should be presented. Either a nested vector or a matrix:

1.png

If you intend to make the number of vectors variable and apply the routine to a larger number of vectors and not just three, a programming approch is needed. Again depends on your preference and need which dataformat for input and for output you'd like to chose. Here are some ways to do it.

2.png

3.png

Thanks Werner Exinger

Top Tags