cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

comma from excel

mhaas-2
1-Newbie

comma from excel

I have use value from Excel using a script. But it get a decimal commas instead of dots. But in excel it's dots.

Anyone know where can be the problem?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

I solve this problem manual so - copy a Excel table in Word for example, replace , on . an copy it in Mathcad.

Your country (NO) is green too. Russia now is not a red country - see new red countries on the map here

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/83/DecimalSeparator.png/250px-DecimalSeparator.png

Thats an annoying problem for a long time that numbers from international Excel versions whch use the comma as decimal separator are misinterpreted in Excel. You could tell Excel not to take the decimal separator from the operating system by unchecking the appropriate box in the extended Excel options and manually tell Excel what character to use as decimal separator.

But if I understand the poster right he has the opposite problem which is somewhat strange.

@Martin: Maybe you could post a sheet along with trial data so we can see what the problem is. BTW, which version of Excel and Mathcad?

Top Tags