cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

creating a program for multiple-application trapezoidal rule

ptc-4926800
1-Newbie

creating a program for multiple-application trapezoidal rule

I have to create a program using the multiple-application trapezoidal rule. I'm not sure what else I need to add into the program. It keeps saying my f(x) variable is undefined. I've tried a few things and nothing is working. Thanks for any/all help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Omit the "(x)" when calling your function I, just the function name f.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Omit the "(x)" when calling your function I, just the function name f.

The above answer does not work, you must delete the argument "f (x)" in the definition of the function that identifies the program, remember that "f (x)" is defined before, and the plot of this, is a function of a, b and n

dza.bmp

Jaime Ruiz wrote:

The above answer does not work,

Are you sure?? If you claim somebody is wrong you should at least try it out yourself.

Your way of doing it would limit that function I() severely. It was very obviously Amy's intention to make the the function to be integrated a parameter of I(). That way you have a universal function at hand to approximate a definite integral.

sillypost1.png

Werner Exinger is right. I did as suggested and obtained the answers I needed. Thanks Werner

Top Tags