cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

dae_initial_condition_error?

ML_9447606
6-Contributor

dae_initial_condition_error?

It seems I am prone to running into errors. Would this be an error I am causing myself or a limitation on mathcad with Differential equations? Here's what it is showing on my version and language in case it shows up different.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Actually you only have ONE ODE, not two!

Theoretically you could solve the second equation for T.g and replace that in the first one. So you are allowed for just one IC!

In your solve block h(t) it unknown, too, so you would have to solve for it, too or you have to eliminate it!

Werner_E_0-1602649207622.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Actually you only have ONE ODE, not two!

Theoretically you could solve the second equation for T.g and replace that in the first one. So you are allowed for just one IC!

In your solve block h(t) it unknown, too, so you would have to solve for it, too or you have to eliminate it!

Werner_E_0-1602649207622.png

ML_9447606
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

I did not realize I had h1 in the solve block still. I am losing it! When solving for Tg, how were you able to display the values? Using your method, I received "The symbolic result returned too large" error?

@ML_9447606 wrote:

I did not realize I had h1 in the solve block still. I am losing it! When solving for Tg, how were you able to display the values? Using your method, I received "The symbolic result returned too large" error?

Note that I did the symbolic solve AFTER variables like I or sigma were defined and that I replaced T.w(t) by the value you provided for T.w(0).

Top Tags