cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

differentiate contour plot overlay

Efried
1-Newbie

differentiate contour plot overlay

Hello,

I do want to overlay two efficiency maps. I is possible to have different lines for the contours - one solid - one dashed?

Now I'm using Mathcad 15 but may be that is possible with Prime?

many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Doh! "Special" tab, Line Style on the right hand side - solid, dash, dotted, dash-dotted.

Stuart

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:Efried)

Efried wrote:

Hello,

I do want to overlay two efficiency maps. I is possible to have different lines for the contours - one solid - one dashed?

Now I'm using Mathcad 15 but may be that is possible with Prime?

many thanks

I don't see an option to select the line type, but you can change line thickness and colour; you can even choose to have one displayed as a solid colour and the other as a colormap (eg, greyscale).

It may be possible to get a dash-like effect by defining your own colormap that alternates between, say, white and black or between light gray and black.

Stuart

Doh! "Special" tab, Line Style on the right hand side - solid, dash, dotted, dash-dotted.

Stuart

perfect answer - thanks a lot - also the artwork is great.

Now I'm hopping to the next problem - is there a possibility to have a colour scale legend added, so we can see for what numbers the colours of the lines in "colour scheme mode" stand?

thanks

Efried wrote:

Now I'm hopping to the next problem - is there a possibility to have a colour scale legend added, so we can see for what numbers the colours of the lines in "colour scheme mode" stand?

thanks

It is a built-in tool in Mathcad Prime 2.0.

But we can do it inold Mathcad by using an add counter plot:

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/MCS/Worksheets/TMO/Pde-Temperature.xmcd

Valery Ochkov schrieb:

But we can do it inold Mathcad by using an add counter plot:

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/MCS/Worksheets/TMO/Pde-Temperature.xmcd

Well done, but IMHO a "normal" worksheet which can be opened and examined locally would be more helpful though.

WE

That variant is cumbersome with regards to the position of the labels...

Mathcad 15 or mathcad Prime?

I can do it thru plotting an add plot f(x ,y)=const

Top Tags