cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

dll problem

Salo
1-Newbie

dll problem

My Mcad 14 program did not open and I got a message that it failed to find "mscoree.dll". I downoaded the file and stored at the same directory with other dll files. After the download It didn't open again, but noe I got a message "

Mathcad Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for hepling

15 REPLIES 15
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Salo)

Have don't you try reparing the installation?

Mike

Thanks for you reply

What do you mean by "repairing"? How do you do it?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

If Software Update becomes unresponsive, you may need to repair the software using the Add or Remove programs Control Panel:

1. Windows XP and Windows 2000: On the Start menu, click Control Panel and click Add or Remove programs.
    Windows Vista: On the Start menu, click Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
    Alternately, in Classic View of Control Panel, click Programs and Features.
  2. Locate Software in the list of installed programs and select it.
  3. In Windows XP and Windows 2000, click the Change button.
  4. Click Repair.
  5. In Windows XP and Windows 2000, once it is repaired, click Finish.

Mike

Thanks Mike.

I have accessed today the computer where Mcad is installed. I tried the repair procedure but it didn't work. The re-installing procedure gets stucked and doesn't finish.

I have the original installation CD of Mcad 14 Should I remove the program and re-instal it from the CD? Are there painstaking procedures with PTC licensing involved? (Notifications etc)

Thanks again

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

I have accessed today the computer where Mcad is installed. I tried the repair procedure but it didn't work. The re-installing procedure gets stucked and doesn't finish.

I have the original installation CD of Mcad 14 Should I remove the program and re-instal it from the CD? Are there painstaking procedures with PTC licensing involved? (Notifications etc)

I wouldn't like to comment incase you remove the product and then have problems, then again it's not working anyway.

If you remove the installation I would back the license file up. Before removing you could contact Mona directly and see what she recommends.

Mike

Thanks Mike again for the advice. I appologize for my ignorance but:

Who's Mona? How do I contact her?

Thanks Again

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Mona is not in tech support, so unless she chooses to comment here you can't contact her. Your only option at this point is to back up the license file, then uninstall and reinstall Mathcad.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Mona usually posts on topics such as this, but I didn't know she couldn't be contacted directly. On that note I would just follow Richards advice.

Mike

I didn't know she couldn't be contacted directly.

Well, she can of course, if you know her e-mail address. She's not in tech support though, so it's not her responsibility to fix peoples install problems. When she helps she does it out of goodwill, not obligation.

Hello all,

I sugest you uninstall and reinstall. Your license file if you are a single user is the Mathcad install folder, in the licenses folder. It ends in *.dat. Just put it somewhere else so when you uninstall and reinstall you can return it to the licenses folder.

To everyone, we now have a person dedicated to helping Mathcad users with licensing issues. If you need assistance with install and licensing only, contact -.

Regards,

Mona

Salo
1-Newbie
(To:mzeftel)

Still doesn't work.

Windows doesn't let me uninstall since a process was unfinished. Probably the "repair" one (see above). Returning to it the computer got stuck.

At this point the mathcad icon disappeared from the control panel.

I tried installing from the original disk but got error 1607 from InstallShield

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

This is what I would do at this point. However, you do it entirely at your own risk.

1) Backup your license file

2) Create a Windows Restore Point

3) Delete the Mathcad folder and all it's contents from the Program files folder.

4) Delete the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<YOUR NAME>\Application Data\Mathsoft\Mathcad\14 and all it's contents

5) Download CCleaner. Use this to clean the Windows registry AFTER backing the registry up! I have never had a problem after using CCleaner, but back up the registry anyway. CCleaner includes a backup option.

6) Try and reinstall Mathcad

Thank you for contacting us we will have our customer Advocate contact this customer directly to reslolve this issue.

I have had a similar problem Mathcad 14 M020 stopped working yesterday, I have tried repairing and reinstalling but that has not worked, I keep getting the message "Mathcad Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

Any ideas?

Hi Anthony,

I would like to help resolve your issue please contact me directly.

kind regards,

Joey Caradonna

-

Top Tags