cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dont understand

brookey-disable
1-Newbie

dont understand

hey i need help understanding adding and subtracting intergers i thought i understood it but on my last test i got a 52% on it. i really need help to pass Alegabra one if u will plz help it will be much appriciated

thanks brookey
8 REPLIES 8

I'm so sorry Brooky but my last test was a 30% and that's why i'm here. But I think it's possible that I remember Intergers feom last year so send me an example and I can try to help you. Ok?

I can help you brookey.

What is that you don't understand?

-Sam Carter

I gathered some info from some old math books, and if your willing to take a while to read over it. I know it helped me get through Integers.

You'll have to tell me whether or not you like this kind of format, once you've read over this there is Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division. Since you said you have problems with Addition/Subtraction, this should be pretty easy.

-Sam Carter

sorry, guess the Image didn't come thru...

I'll try again...

-Sam Carter

adding and subtracting integers is like walking forwards and backwards on the number line.

7+5 is starting at 7 and walking 5 steps to the right, which gets you to 12.

7-5 is starting at 7 and walking 5 steps to the left, which gets you to 2.

7-5 is the same as 7+(-5), so everytime you see a minus sign, you reverse direction.

7-(-5) is two reversals in direction, which means that its equivalent to 7+5.

TTFN,
Eden

I am sorry Brookey, the Image just isn't coming thru, I'll ask O-Neill to help me.
-Sam Carter

Nope, sorry Sam, No can do, I can't Access the file from here.

-Jack O'Neill

Okay, um.. Brookey, give me one of the problems that your have trouble with. I'm new at this, so bare with me.
-Sam Carter
Announcements
Check out the latest
Mathcad Tip
"PTC Mathcad 15 / Prime 1-6 Update."