cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

eigshow.xmcd

AlanStevens
17-Peridot

eigshow.xmcd

Matlab has an interactive demo that gives a nice visual illustration of the eigenvectors and eigenvalues of a 2x2 matrix.  I thought it might be of interest to create something similar in Mathcad, hence the attached (done in M15).

Alan

4 REPLIES 4

Nice done. Alan.

You might consider adding an animation and maybe using a scroll bar instead of the slider so the changes are seen while the slider is moved. Richard has a very practical component in his collection here http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-1071

Thanks.  I considered an animation but decided against it because I think it takes a little time to assimilate the relationships being displayed and an animation would probably go too fast (plus, I couldn't be bothered to spend the time creating one!).

I'm happy for anyone else to add animation/scroll bars!

Alan

I'm happy for anyone else to add animation/scroll bars!

OK, why not. Done.

Hmm, found no way to add files. I was only able to replace your original file. So I restored the original version but there seems to be no real undo - its still flagged as my modification - sorry.

I could pack your original and the two new files in an archive, but I guess this would end up as an archive inside an archive - not nice to handle.

No worries!  You could simply add your version as a different thread.

Alan

Top Tags