cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

equation

kakomoji323
6-Contributor

equation

hello everyone I try to use help quick sheets and I wrote the following eq but I get the red line almost for all the results and I do exactly step by step im sure there is something missing here but I can not find it could you check it out and let me know what's is the problem 

plz check the attachment

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:kakomoji323)

Please attach your worksheet containing the equation.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Hello @kakomoji323 

What product is this in reference to? 

Thank you,

PTCModerator

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Please attach your worksheet containing the equation.

Success!
Luc

kakomoji323
6-Contributor
(To:LucMeekes)

thank you for response I figured out , and I wrote it down,  my question is ,  how this output plot change depend on R value,  I  mean I would like  to add   variable value of R from 0.1 to 5 ohm  . in attached file r is fixed but I want make a loop with 5 different value of R  .

thank you in advance 

kakomoji323
6-Contributor
(To:VladimirN)

hank you for help but I could not find my answer , I need to find the out put with 4 different value of R I already made a R vector BUT I could not find solution 

kakomoji323
6-Contributor

thank you for response I figured out , and I wrote it down,  my question is ,  how this output plot change depend on R value,  I  mean I would like  to add   variable value of R from 0.1 to 5 ohm   I attached the file . 

thank you in advance 

You will have to turn all constants which depend on R into functions of R and add R as additional argument to your existing functions.

I show it here for the first few expressions

B.PNG

kakomoji323
6-Contributor
(To:Werner_E)

I applied all the change you said and simplified the eq please check the plot . I made a R vector and it applied to all equation but as you see in picture it make no sense to me I need to show how I(current ) change due to different R, for that I need a 3 value plot which show G,I,R  I tried 3d plot but it said value not defined could you explain how to make it22.jpg33.jpg

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

You did NOT apply all necessary changes.

What you show here is I's only dependent on phi, not on R.

From your remark I understand that you essentially need a 3-d plot. In that case follow my example of this thread: https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/equation/td-p/631776

Success!
Luc

kakomoji323
6-Contributor

this is almost the same eq that I post with some change it end up like that I used you example to write R vector but how to use G plot depend on fi and R  I don't understand. please check the attachment there is 6 equations and I cant not apply those change to all of them  

"there is 6 equations and I cant not apply those change to all of them "

Unfortunately, sometimes, to make the changes we need to requires a lot of modifying.  Mathcad (15 and before) had a very robust and extremely useful "Find and replace," function for these kinds of changes.  The one available in Prime is woefully underpowered and inadequate for the task.

Sorry!  Start editing.

kakomoji323
6-Contributor

I don't know how to apply to all equation I've try as you said but not working 

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Attach your worksheet, saved as a Mathcad 11 .MCD file and I'll see if I can help you.

Success!
Luc

kakomoji323
6-Contributor

here you are I really appreciate you help

See if the attached file helps

kakomoji323
6-Contributor

I really appreciate this. thank you so much , I do my best to learn Mathcad , every example you guys give I learn something new.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Nice!

...' irritation loop '...

well chosen designation, or typo?

Luc

@LucMeekes wrote:

Nice!

...' irritation loop '...

well chosen designation, or typo?

Luc

It should read "irritating loop", but 'irritation loop' is not so far away from what I had in mind 😉

Actually I am famous for my typos 😉

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Oh, and I thought you had meant to write:

'iteration loop'

😲

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

There are two remarks to be made regarding the definition of the function G(phi):

There is a FOR loop that uses loop variable n, but n is not used further in the function.

There is a number of IF statements, covering the range 0 to 2pi, but what if phi is <0 or > 2pi...? You need  an OTHERWISE.

Success!
Luc

Once more. Here's an example for a (plot of) a function of two variables:

LM_20191028_Plot.png

kakomoji323
6-Contributor

luc thank you with response , IF function I use because each I (current ) has specific interval for example I2 FROM PI/3 TO 2PI/3  only that means each I has own phi just I need to  check and study how R can effect current in equation 

Top Tags