cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

excel component embedded in Mathcad 15 loses colors

vnadot102
5-Regular Member

excel component embedded in Mathcad 15 loses colors

Please help. For many years I used Mathcad 15 with embedded excel. Starting last week, when I open Mathcad file, the excel table loses all highlighted colors and borders, which were implemented in the original excel sheet. When I double click on the excel table, I can see all colors, but clicking outside the excel table makes all colors disappear. Could it be related to Microsoft office recent updates? I use excel 2010.

10 REPLIES 10
BillWadsworth
5-Regular Member
(To:vnadot102)

I am seeing this effect, too. Why is it happening?

Arghhh

Same here. Very anoying. Seem to be an Excel update issue as I have not "touched" my mathcad 15 installation.

Regards

Bjorn

I have the same issue, excel component loses formatting and thick border cell line disappear, is there a solution?

Is a solution found? 

vnadot102
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4173347)

No, unfortunately, not. Solution was not found so far.

I still hope that it will be found evetually

One more joining the party.

Same problem seen with many (all?) users at our company.

I had hoped updating from MC15_M030 to M050 would fix the issue, but it didn't.

Hello again

Now it works - sort of. I did a number of things and don't know what helped. But:

• I deinistalled Prime 5
  • I Installed .Net 3.5
  • I'm running MathCad 15 in win 7 compatibility mode (This might be the trick ....?)

Older mathcad sheets still lacks the colours of embeded excel files, but at least the system is not freezing when the excel component is double-clicked. However, if I build a new mathcad sheet and embed an excel component it will show colours in the embedded excel sheet. Don't ask me why.

Hope It may help somebody.  

BR Bjorn

The issue was caused by one of the "Security Update for Microsoft Windows" starting 2/7/2019 on Windows 7. If you uninstall all the updates on that date, you may likely solve the issue. However, Security update for Microsoft Windows (KB4489878, 3/12/ 2019) seems to contain the same content that can cause the issue in Mathcad 15. If you are really dedicated to solving the problem, you need to uninstall some security updates for Microsoft Windows. Below are the steps as of 4/3/19.

- Step 1:
Turn off automatic installation of Windows updates. Go to Control Panel -> Windows Update -> Change Settings -> Select "Check for Updates but Let Me Choose whether to Download and Install Them" from the drop-down list. You will need the administrator's privilege to change the setting.

- Step 2:
Go to Control Panel -> Windows Update -> Installed Updates, then uninstall the five updates below (if found any), then restart or shut down the computer to apply the changes.

Security update for Microsoft Windows (KB4483483, 2/7/19)
Security update for Microsoft Windows (KB4486563, 2/12/19)
Security update for Microsoft Windows (KB4474419, 3/11/19)

Security update for Microsoft Windows (KB4489878, 3/12/19)
Security update for Microsoft Windows (KB4489885, 3/12/19)

- Step 3:
If the issue still exists, try uninstalling all the updates with "Security update for Microsoft Windows" in their names that were released around and after February 7, 2019. Restart or shut down the computer to apply the changes.

- Step 4:
From now on, you will need to install Windows updates manually and monitor whether a new update is bringing back the issue. If the issue comes back after installation of an update, uninstall it and do not install it anymore.  So far, Security update for Microsoft Windows (KB4489878, 3/12/19) is the definitely causing this issue so don't even try to install it. 

Good news!

The latest Microsoft office updated 5/4/2019 resolves the issue, it happened for me. Windows 10 1809 with office 2016

Top Tags