cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

extreme simplification of an expression.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

extreme simplification of an expression.

Could someone tell me how should I do to maximally simplify, using the symbolic processor, the following expression?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:-MFra-)

See if the attached helps.

Symbolic evaluations can be quite tricky and Mathcad is in no way reliable in that respect.

In case of your expression "simplify,max" helps, but it may not in the next example.

Simply try the example in your first post (square the absolute value). In that case it helps to simplify nominator and denominator separately.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Why don't you attach your worksheet?

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:Werner_E)

Ok I do!

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

...to be more correct I should ask how to reduce to the minimum terms the given expression?

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

The result you gave in your first post does not fit to the expression you posted!?

And thats not only because of the missing f and the missing square.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

See if the attached helps.

Symbolic evaluations can be quite tricky and Mathcad is in no way reliable in that respect.

In case of your expression "simplify,max" helps, but it may not in the next example.

Simply try the example in your first post (square the absolute value). In that case it helps to simplify nominator and denominator separately.

Top Tags