cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

factorization

ttokoro
20-Turquoise

factorization

How to factorize the number by using solve block?

image.pngimage.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

And whats the motivation for doing so - hat would be the benefit?
Using a numeric solve block would limit the precision of the numbers to be used significantly and there seems to be no reason for using the symbolic "solve" as long as we have "factor".

To factor numbers in pure numeric mode you would have to write your own program - but the limitation of precision remains the same as long as you evaluate it numerically.

A numerical solution block and Prime at all are not made for dealing with number theoretic problems. An old program like Derive sure would to a better job here as it brings along a lot of useful functions for that purpose and AFAIK there also exist specialized software.

In Prime you could also play around with constraints like x=trunc(x) instead of "x in Z" or "x=integer", but I doubt that you will have success.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@ttokoro wrote:

How to factorize the number by using solve block?

?? Not sure what you have in mind? Maybe you can be more specific

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:Werner_E)

My Prime 6 sheet attached. Below is my question. How to use the solve block?

image.pngimage.png

And whats the motivation for doing so - hat would be the benefit?
Using a numeric solve block would limit the precision of the numbers to be used significantly and there seems to be no reason for using the symbolic "solve" as long as we have "factor".

To factor numbers in pure numeric mode you would have to write your own program - but the limitation of precision remains the same as long as you evaluate it numerically.

A numerical solution block and Prime at all are not made for dealing with number theoretic problems. An old program like Derive sure would to a better job here as it brings along a lot of useful functions for that purpose and AFAIK there also exist specialized software.

In Prime you could also play around with constraints like x=trunc(x) instead of "x in Z" or "x=integer", but I doubt that you will have success.

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:ttokoro)

This is the limit of 15 digits.

image.png

image.png

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ttokoro)

This is the list:

LucMeekes_0-1613291475991.png

Luc

ttokoro
20-Turquoise
(To:LucMeekes)

image.png

Prime 6.0 can't solve. I try to use 15, It can do soon!

However, 2^2^9+1 is hang-up!

@ttokoro wrote:

This is the limit of 15 digits.

Yes, thats the usual limit for numerical evaluation in all programs using the common IEEE data types for data storing. Thats the reason you have to use the symbolic engine for a higher degree of precision.

Top Tags