cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

finding unknown

jreddy
1-Newbie

finding unknown

can any one help me in finding T.max_2_10k_relief in the attached file i would be happy if the solution is obtained by not using symbolic solver

here vonmises stress (sigmavon) is 120000psi

9 REPLIES 9

Not numerical nor symbolical but manual:

I know that....i'm looking for a numerical value for Tmax_2_10k_relief....

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:jreddy)

Use a numeric solve block

Replace the assigment := by boolean =

Provide guess values for the four unknowns

Assign sigma.von the value you named

Hope the attached helps

Thanks but i would prefer any other method without guess values or symbolic solver....

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

"any other" method??

What are you thinking of?

please see the attached file the final value is changing if you try as i did in the attached file....check shear stress at thread relieftttt.JPG

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

There ist no file attached and I don't see what you had changed and why you think that the output is not OK.

You can always check your result using the symbolic solution, :

EDIT: I just saw that you added a numeric evaluation.

You have a a boolean equation and if you evaluate that kind of equation you may get 0 (false)  or 1 (true) as result.

Why did you add that numeric evaluation - it does not make any sense to me.

What you did has the very same effect as disabling that equation completely. Mathcad does not change tau.thread at all and uses the other three equations to solve for the other three variables. No wonder that the results differ.

WE

Great.....i will better use the above equation people here are too confused

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Thanks but i would prefer any other method without guess values or symbolic solver....

All numeric non-linear solvers require a guess value. So you can either solve it by hand, using the symbolic solver, or using the numeric solver with a guess value. There are no other options.

Top Tags